Eliminating harmful practices against women and girls
Natalia Kanem, Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka and Achim Steiner
The numbers are shocking: at least one in three women on the planet has suffered physical or sexual violence, usually at the hands of a family member or intimate partner. More than 700 million women alive today were married as children. Up to 250 million women and girls have undergone female genital mutilation.
Although violence against women and girls is widely recognized as ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- For the sake of integrity
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- A year of Anies Baswedan
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem