Eliminating harmful practices against women and girls
Natalia Kanem, Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka and Achim Steiner
The numbers are shocking: at least one in three women on the planet has suffered physical or sexual violence, usually at the hands of a family member or intimate partner. More than 700 million women alive today were married as children. Up to 250 million women and girls have undergone female genital mutilation.
Although violence against women and girls is widely recognized as ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices