Counterterrorism sans human rights
Director of Amnesty International Indonesia
There is a global message on terrorism legislation: the broader it is the more prone people will be to being wrongly arrested and prosecuted in the name of the “war on terror”.
In passing its new terror legislation recently, Indonesia has clearly failed to learn its lesson.
After being in limbo since 2016, the new law was approved at breakneck speed ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- The warning signs get stronger
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community