Counterterrorism sans human rights
Director of Amnesty International Indonesia
There is a global message on terrorism legislation: the broader it is the more prone people will be to being wrongly arrested and prosecuted in the name of the “war on terror”.
In passing its new terror legislation recently, Indonesia has clearly failed to learn its lesson.
After being in limbo since 2016, the new law was approved at breakneck speed ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- School boy, 14, runs for Vermont governor
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling