More IPOs needed to develop capital market
Vice president, business strategy at Cogencis Information Services, Ltd.
Stock exchanges across the globe have over 43,000 listed companies. Like with every statistic, few exchanges have a disproportionate influence and most are largely non-existent. Cambodia has only five companies listed on its exchange. Indonesia has almost 550 companies listed on the stock exchange. The country with the highest number of listed companies in the world is India: 5,615.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- For the sake of integrity
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport