More IPOs needed to develop capital market
Vice president, business strategy at Cogencis Information Services, Ltd.
Stock exchanges across the globe have over 43,000 listed companies. Like with every statistic, few exchanges have a disproportionate influence and most are largely non-existent. Cambodia has only five companies listed on its exchange. Indonesia has almost 550 companies listed on the stock exchange. The country with the highest number of listed companies in the world is India: 5,615.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world