More IPOs needed to develop capital market
Vice president, business strategy at Cogencis Information Services, Ltd.
Stock exchanges across the globe have over 43,000 listed companies. Like with every statistic, few exchanges have a disproportionate influence and most are largely non-existent. Cambodia has only five companies listed on its exchange. Indonesia has almost 550 companies listed on the stock exchange. The country with the highest number of listed companies in the world is India: 5,615.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Tourism's fatal warning