Nationalism and the obligation to pay zakat
Yunice Karina Tumewang and Novita Kusuma Maharani
PREMIUM Though there is no solid consensus, the word “nationalism” is usually attributed to Abbe Baurrel in the 15th century. In a narrow definition, nationalism can be defined as an ideology that drives people to believe their nation is superior to all others. This kind of understanding, in an extreme case, could be witnessed in the era of Adolf Hitler in Germany or Benito Mussolini in Italy....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices