Nationalism and the obligation to pay zakat
Yunice Karina Tumewang and Novita Kusuma Maharani
PREMIUM Though there is no solid consensus, the word “nationalism” is usually attributed to Abbe Baurrel in the 15th century. In a narrow definition, nationalism can be defined as an ideology that drives people to believe their nation is superior to all others. This kind of understanding, in an extreme case, could be witnessed in the era of Adolf Hitler in Germany or Benito Mussolini in Italy....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Dark side of K-pop: The East Light leader claims years of abuse
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Saudi Arabia deployed Twitter army against critics: NY Times
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Trump accuses Saudis of 'lies' over Khashoggi killing