Nationalism and the obligation to pay zakat
Yunice Karina Tumewang and Novita Kusuma Maharani
PREMIUM Though there is no solid consensus, the word “nationalism” is usually attributed to Abbe Baurrel in the 15th century. In a narrow definition, nationalism can be defined as an ideology that drives people to believe their nation is superior to all others. This kind of understanding, in an extreme case, could be witnessed in the era of Adolf Hitler in Germany or Benito Mussolini in Italy....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world