We need more local, family history
PREMIUM Reformasi, with its new freedoms and curiosity about the sheltered past, has naturally raised general interest in history. Many books focus on meluruskan sejarah (rectifying history) from the Hindu-Buddhist period until contemporary times. Titles like Pelurusan Sejarah Indonesia (Indonesian History Rectified), Meluruskan Sejarah Majapahit (Rectifying Majapahit Hist...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws