Indonesia's strategy in rising US-China trade tensions
Lili Yan Ing
While uncertainty persists amid escalating tensions in United States-China trade, Indonesia will remain neutral and maintain positive engagement.
Let us begin by understanding the main issue that the US economy faces. The US economy has been facing “twin deficits” of budget and trade. In Q4-2017, the US recorded a budget deficit of 3.4 percent of gross domestic product (...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?