BI's fight to defend the rupiah: Will it succeed?
Commissioner in a publicly listed oil and gas service company
Following Bank Indonesia’s (BI) decision to raise its reference rate by a significant amount last month to stem the slide of the rupiah, the rupiah has not budged from its position. The rupiah strengthened against the United States dollar after BI raised its seven-day reverse repo rate by 50 basis points to 5.25 percent.
However, one week after BI’s decision, its v...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food