BI's fight to defend the rupiah: Will it succeed?
Commissioner in a publicly listed oil and gas service company
Following Bank Indonesia’s (BI) decision to raise its reference rate by a significant amount last month to stem the slide of the rupiah, the rupiah has not budged from its position. The rupiah strengthened against the United States dollar after BI raised its seven-day reverse repo rate by 50 basis points to 5.25 percent.
However, one week after BI’s decision, its v...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Rapes and beatings: The torments of South Korea's young athletes
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Russian 'agent' held on charges of seeking to infiltrate US govt
- Prabowo visits Yudhoyono in hospital
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad