Cambodian elections, litmus test for vibrant democracy
Hor Nam Bora
The Cambodian general elections are to be held on July 29 to elect the members of the sixth National Assembly, the Lower House of the country’s two parliamentary chambers, with the Senate being the Upper House.
About 8.4 million Cambodians are registered to vote, which is roughly 85 percent of the electorate. According to the National Election Committee (NEC), some 530,0...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines