Cambodian elections, litmus test for vibrant democracy
Hor Nam Bora
The Cambodian general elections are to be held on July 29 to elect the members of the sixth National Assembly, the Lower House of the country’s two parliamentary chambers, with the Senate being the Upper House.
About 8.4 million Cambodians are registered to vote, which is roughly 85 percent of the electorate. According to the National Election Committee (NEC), some 530,0...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach