Cambodian elections, litmus test for vibrant democracy
Hor Nam Bora
The Cambodian general elections are to be held on July 29 to elect the members of the sixth National Assembly, the Lower House of the country’s two parliamentary chambers, with the Senate being the Upper House.
About 8.4 million Cambodians are registered to vote, which is roughly 85 percent of the electorate. According to the National Election Committee (NEC), some 530,0...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky