UN peacekeeping: Turning words into action
Purna Cita Nugraha, Semungus Gebrehiwot and Matthew Evan Widjaja
This year marks the 70th anniversary of United Nations Peacekeeping. Since its inception, the UN has deployed 71 peacekeeping operations worldwide with 14 of them still ongoing to maintain international peace and security.
Since 1948, more than 3,500 personnel have died during peacekeeping missions, including 943 in hostile circumstances. From 2013 to 2017, there has been a constant...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 19 killed, dozens missing in floods striking N. Sumatra
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- Thousands march in Chicago against Trump's 'anti-woman agenda'
- Netherlands appeals court ruling that finds it liable for Indonesian's torture
- Floods, landslide kill nine in West Sumatra, Riau
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case