Wide poverty disparity between regions
Commissioner in a publicly listed oil and gas service company
A total of 26 million Indonesians (9.8 percent) were living in poverty as of March this year, according to the latest data issued by the Central Statistics Agency (BPS). This indicates a decrease of about 1.7 million people year-on-year.
Although there is an improvement, the figures hide the wide disparity of poverty between regions in the country. The figures vary between 3.4 perce...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes