Multilateral diplomacy urgent for best use of nuclear technology
Reski Kurnia Ilahi
The month of August will mark 61 years of Indonesia’s pursuit for nuclear science and technology for peaceful purposes.
Indonesia joined the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on Aug. 7, 1957, the same year the agency was established. Eight years later in 1965, the country’s first nuclear reactor was inaugurated by then-president Sukarno in Bandung, West Jav...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future