Keeping guards under watchful eyes
Hendi Yogi Prabowo
Director of the Center for Forensic Accounting Studies at the Islamic University of Indonesia
The arrest of several people, including prison warden Wahid Husen, following a sting operation by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) at Sukamiskin prison in Bandung, West Java, last month, unveiled yet again the luxury cell scandal.
During the raid, KPK investigators found that several inmates enjoyed luxurious facilities such as air conditioning, private TVs, refrigerators...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium