Keeping guards under watchful eyes
Hendi Yogi Prabowo
Director of the Center for Forensic Accounting Studies at the Islamic University of Indonesia
The arrest of several people, including prison warden Wahid Husen, following a sting operation by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) at Sukamiskin prison in Bandung, West Java, last month, unveiled yet again the luxury cell scandal.
During the raid, KPK investigators found that several inmates enjoyed luxurious facilities such as air conditioning, private TVs, refrigerators...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Nissan’s Ghosn arrested over financial law violation
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world