Import substitution of consumer goods tall order
K-Beauty, another Hallyu (Korean Wave) after the global success of K-Pop and K-Drama, is happening worldwide right now, including in Indonesia.
Thanks to Korean skincare, a stunning appearance with dewy and shiny faces like those of K-Pop stars is not a daydream anymore for Indonesian women and men obsessed with personal grooming.
The Korean prod...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?