Inspired by Chile: Human rights and memory
It took me around 35 hours to reach this country. It is almost on the opposite side of the globe in the southern hemisphere. But I was excited to undertake this journey. It was my dream destination for several reasons.
In 1994, I read a book on then-president of Chile, Salvador Allende, titled Jalan Demokratis ke Sosialisme: Pengalaman Chile di Bawah Allende (The Dem...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper