Supply concerns put floor under oil prices
Associate editorial director, Asia & Middle East Oil News & Analysis, S&P Global Platts
International oil prices have staged a strong recovery since mid-August, with the ICE Brent futures contract gaining 10 percent and the WTI futures contract rising 8 percent. The rise in prices is not surprising as supply concerns have far outweighed concerns around the impact of an escalation in tariffs on global oil demand growth.
OPEC, in its August report, said that hiking...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform