Farmers want more than incentives
Amid the discourse over food self-sufficiency and land-use change, a presidential decree that aims to prevent further conversion of agricultural lands is being prepared and is expected to be enacted before the end of this year.
Previously, in late October, the Agrarian and Spatial Planning Ministry announced that 645,855 hectares of rice fields had been replaced between 2013 and 201...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says