President and Minister host bilateral meeting on investment with Japan
The Jakarta Post
Coordinating Human Development and Cultural Affairs Minister Puan Maharani accompanied President Joko ‘Jokowi’ Widodo to a bilateral meeting exploring investment opportunities with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on the sidelines of the 31st ASEAN Summit in Manila, the Philippines.
Also present during the meeting were Coordinating Political, Security and Legal Affairs Minister Wiranto, Coordinating Economic Minister Darmin Nasution, Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi, Trade Minister Enggartiasto Lukita, the Investment Coordinating Board Chairman Thomas Lembong and Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung.
The meeting was held on Nov. 12 at Hotel Diamond, and was preceded by the official launch of a logo commemorating the 60th anniversary of Indonesia-Japan bilateral relations. The meeting also discussed commemorative events that both countries could hold to mark the occasion.
The president and the prime minister also discussed potential economic cooperation, particularly relating to infrastructure development in Indonesia.
“Indonesia and Japan honor the achievements our long-standing relationship in the last 60 years. We hope that in the future, we will continue advancing our cooperation, particularly in the fields of education, digital innovation and culture,” Puan said on the sidelines of the meeting.
The minister was invited to the 31st ASEAN Summit as the local chairwoman of the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Pillar, which has submitted ASEAN’s 11 declarations outlining the commitment of the region’s members in the fields of manpower, health, youth and environment.
The declaration draft was signed by ASEAN country leaders during the ASEAN Summit’s plenary session on Nov. 13.
You might also like :
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back