`Marawis' percussion groups popular during Ramadan
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM CULTURE JAM: Detailed carvings in the middle of a lute show the Betawi influence on Indonesia’s marawis music. This music was originally only played using percussion instruments. The name marawis - referring to a family of percussion-based music originally from Yemen - comes from one of its component instruments; notably, a small drum. This music has penetrated many parts of Indo...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval
- Ancol to go cashless
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- Sriwijaya's trick of the trade in maintaining maritime sovereignty
- Timor-Leste, Australia and Asia's contested maritime order
- Central bank sets ceiling fee via newly issued e-money card regulation
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- KPK to reveal details Friday on 'latest BPK auditor arrest'