`Marawis' percussion groups popular during Ramadan
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM CULTURE JAM: Detailed carvings in the middle of a lute show the Betawi influence on Indonesia’s marawis music. This music was originally only played using percussion instruments. The name marawis - referring to a family of percussion-based music originally from Yemen - comes from one of its component instruments; notably, a small drum. This music has penetrated many parts of Indo...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights