Bung Tomo, Natsir named national heroes
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM In an apparent bid to promote national reconciliation, the government on Friday named freedom fighter Sutomo and former prime minister Mohammad Natsir national heroes. The government also awarded hero status to the former chairman of the Indonesian Islamic Community (Persatuan Islam Indonesia), Abdul Halim. Sutomo, better known as Bung Tomo, led a heroic fight against British troop...
- Liam Gallagher postpones Jakarta concert date
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- SBY welcomes Prabowo to meeting with 'nasi goreng'
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- New Zealander runs half-naked around Bogor
- Bali sees increase in number of European tourists
- House approves financial disclosure law