Bung Tomo, Natsir named national heroes
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM In an apparent bid to promote national reconciliation, the government on Friday named freedom fighter Sutomo and former prime minister Mohammad Natsir national heroes. The government also awarded hero status to the former chairman of the Indonesian Islamic Community (Persatuan Islam Indonesia), Abdul Halim. Sutomo, better known as Bung Tomo, led a heroic fight against British troop...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga