Commentary: Blanket guarantee protects not the rich, but the rupiah
The Jakarta Post
“If you had Rp 25 billion (US$2.5 million) in a bank, what would you do with it?” asked a businessman during a chat at a private business gathering in Jakarta.
Because the government guarantees bank savings of up to Rp 2 billion, the logical answer would be to spread the money to more banks. But to qualify for the guarantee, you would have to spread it over 12 banks.
- High alert: Mt. Agung eruption imminent
- Dust off your shoulder pads -- 'Dynasty' is back
- No prediction when Mt. Agung will erupt: BNPB
- Mitra Keluarga Hospital punished for neglecting patient
- Jokowi to hand over Rp 7.1b to Mount Agung evacuees
- Private lenders partake in Greater Jakarta LRT project
- Jokowi to visit Mount Agung evacuees in Klungkung
- BPJS expected to suffer Rp 9t deficit this year: Official
- Fight Kim Jong-un instead of Duterte? Trudeau did not say that
- Report reveals 38 deaths linked to lack of healthcare services in Yahukimo