Letter: Rohingyas are political refugees
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM I refer to an article titled "Muhammadiyah ready to help Rohingyas," (www.thejakartapost.com, Feb. 1) I am a Rohingya living in the United States. Muhammadiyah's stance is absolutely right and objective. It is a moral and humanitarian responsibility of regional and international bodies to defend the oppressed. Deportation and repatriation will not solve the long-standing...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- House ratifies protocol on financial services in ASEAN region
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill