The hypocritical oath
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM When we were children, so many of us wanted to be doctors, me included. I love the idea of going to work and cutting people open, injecting syringes into their bloodstream, putting my stethoscope on their chest and prescribing them drugs. I grew up to realize it takes much more responsibility and dedication to be a doctor then I could ever afford. Purple hair and piercings were more my thing as ...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- Where is the disability? My stumps don't define me