Tribal community gripes about release of tiger into park
Oyos Saroso H.N.
The Jakarta Post
Members of the Belimbing traditional community in Way Haru hamlet, Belimbing district, West Lampung regency, have complained about the release of a Sumatran tiger that has attacked 11 people. They say the release of the man-eating tiger, named Salma, in the Tampang Belimbing (Tambling) forest inside the Bukit Barisan Selatan National Park (TNBBS) is a subtle move to evict them. Pangekaha...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- West Kalimantan authorities uncover new drug smuggling technique
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding