Tribal community gripes about release of tiger into park
Oyos Saroso H.N.
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Members of the Belimbing traditional community in Way Haru hamlet, Belimbing district, West Lampung regency, have complained about the release of a Sumatran tiger that has attacked 11 people. They say the release of the man-eating tiger, named Salma, in the Tampang Belimbing (Tambling) forest inside the Bukit Barisan Selatan National Park (TNBBS) is a subtle move to evict them. Pangekaha...
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Indonesia should think twice about military aid for Philippines: Expert
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Palace denies President and Vice President to get salary increases
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- 17 new routes opened at AP II airports so far this year
- Fourth suspect named in N. Sumatra Police attack