Hindu students celebrate the `Goddess of Knowledge'
I Wayan Juniarta
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Hindu students and teachers arrived at their schools dressed in traditional Balinese attire Saturday, to pay homage to Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge. Across the island, special offerings were placed on books and lontar manuscripts believed to be the earthly throne of the goddess. No classes were held in the majority of schools in Denpasar as most students and teachers gathered at ...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Robin Williams possessions up for auction in New York
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter