Hindu students celebrate the `Goddess of Knowledge'
I Wayan Juniarta
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Hindu students and teachers arrived at their schools dressed in traditional Balinese attire Saturday, to pay homage to Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge. Across the island, special offerings were placed on books and lontar manuscripts believed to be the earthly throne of the goddess. No classes were held in the majority of schools in Denpasar as most students and teachers gathered at ...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Government to crack down on fake supporters of Pancasila
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- International Al Azhar conference promotes moderate Islam, tolerance
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money