Hindu students celebrate the `Goddess of Knowledge'
I Wayan Juniarta
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Hindu students and teachers arrived at their schools dressed in traditional Balinese attire Saturday, to pay homage to Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge. Across the island, special offerings were placed on books and lontar manuscripts believed to be the earthly throne of the goddess. No classes were held in the majority of schools in Denpasar as most students and teachers gathered at ...
- Tito suspects JAD terror group behind N. Sumatra police post attacks
- Political, polygamy messages take center stage in some Idul Fitri speeches
- World Bank lauds Indonesia’s fiscal framework
- Sri Mulyani marks Idul Fitri with slip of tongue
- GNPF-MUI seeks to ease tension with President during Idul Fitri meet
- In Malang, church allows Muslims to use lawn for Idul Fitri prayers
- Jakarta Cathedral cancels three morning masses for Idul Fitri prayer
- MPR speaker entertains guests with political jokes, conversation
- Indonesia condemns Mecca suicide bomb attempt
- Locals thrilled to share Idul Fitri with Jokowi's mother