Govt moves to undo local regulations detrimental to investment
Aditya Suharmoko and Mustaqim Adamrah
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM More than one-third of regulations issued by local governments are detrimental to Indonesia's investment climate, shun investors and have contributed to slower overall economic activity, the Finance Ministry says. As of Aug. 14, of 9,715 taxes and levies issued by regional adminis-trations, the ministry has recommended 36 percent or 3,455 of them be cancelled or revised, Finance Minister Sri ...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga