Govt moves to undo local regulations detrimental to investment
Aditya Suharmoko and Mustaqim Adamrah
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM More than one-third of regulations issued by local governments are detrimental to Indonesia's investment climate, shun investors and have contributed to slower overall economic activity, the Finance Ministry says. As of Aug. 14, of 9,715 taxes and levies issued by regional adminis-trations, the ministry has recommended 36 percent or 3,455 of them be cancelled or revised, Finance Minister Sri ...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights