600 soldiers to be sent to Freeport
PREMIUM JAKARTA: Six hundred soldiers will be sent Wednesday to safeguard PT Freeport Indonesia's copper and gold mining site in Tembagapura, Timika, Papua, a military commander said Monday. Cendrawasih Military Commander Maj. Gen. Ahmad Yani Nasution said police had asked for the reinforcements. "They will start their duties on Sept. 2," he said as quoted by kompas.com. However, Ahmad Yani said...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China