Aburizal Bakrie set to chair the Golkar Party
Rizal Harahap and Hyginus Hardoyo
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Coordinating Minister for People’s Welfare Aburizal Bakrie looks set to win the Golkar Party chairmanship election after 341 of 536 branches and organizations had indicated they would elect him prior to the election session late on Wednesday.Surya Paloh gained 136 such supporters, but it was unclear how many members would vote for Hutomo “Tommy” Mandala Putra (son of former president Soehart...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga