2nd United Indonesia Cabinet unveiled
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono announced his second United Indonesia Cabinet on Wednesday night, comprising 34 ministers, mostly politicians from his coalition of political parties.
Politicians dominated the new Cabinet lineup with Yudhoyono’s Democratic Party getting six ministers, including the lucrative energy and mineral resources minister.
The Prosperous Justice Party, the first party that supported Yudhoyono’s presidential bid, got four ministerial posts, with its chairman Tifatul Sembiring appointed as communication and information minister.
The Golkar Party, which only joined the coalition recently, got three ministerial positions with one of its former chairmen, Agung Laksono, getting the coordinating minister for the people’s welfare position.
The National Mandate Party (PAN) secured three ministerial posts with its executive Hatta Rajasa holding the prestigious coordinating minister for the economy post.
The National Awakening Party (PKB) and the United Development Party each got two ministerial posts, with their chairman all sitting in the Cabinet.
The full list of the Cabinet is as follows:
1 Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs : Djoko Suyanto
2. Coordinating Minister for the Economy : Hatta Radjasa
3. Coordinating Minister for People's Welfare : Agung Laksono
4. Home Minister : Gamawan Fauzi
5. Foreign Minister : Marty Natalegawa
6. Defense Minister : Purnomo Yusgiantoro
7. Finance Minister : Sri Mulyani Indrawati
8. Religious Affairs Minister : Suryadarma Ali
9. Agriculture Minister : Suswono
10. Education Minister : Muhammad Nuh
11. Health Minister : Endang Rahayu Sedyaningsih
12. Social Services Minister : Salim Segaf Aljufri
13. Transportation Minister : Freddy Numberi
14. Manpower and Transmigration Minister : Muhaimin Iskandar
15. Industry Minister : M.S. Hidayat
16. Trade Minister : Mari Elka Pangestu
17. Energy and Mineral Resources Minister : Darwin Saleh
18. Justice and Human Rights Minister : Patrialis Akbar
19. Public Housing Minister : Suharso Monoarfa
20. Forestry Minister : Zulkifli Hasan
21. Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister : Fadel Muhammad
22. Public Works Minister : Djoko Kirmanto
23. Culture and Tourism Minister : Jero Wacik
24. Information and Communication Minister : Tifatul Sembiring
25. State Minister for Women's Empowerment and Child Protection : Linda Amaliasari
26. State Minister for Administrative Reforms : E.E. Mangindaan
27. State Minister for State Enterprises : Mustafa Abubakar
28. State Minister for National Development Planning / National Development Planning Board chairman : Armida Alisjahbana
29. State Minister for Cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises : Syarifuddin Hasan
30. State Minister for the Environment : Gusti Muhammad Hatta
31. State Minister Research and Technology : Suharna Surapranata
32. State Minister for Disadvantaged Regions : Helmy Faishal Zaini
33. State Minister for Youth and Sports Affairs : Andi Mallarangeng
34. State Secretary : Sudi Silalahi
35. Head of the Delivery Unit at the Presidential Office :Kuntoro Mangkusubroto
36. State Intelligent Agency (BIN) Chief : Sutanto
37. The Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) Chairman : Gita Irawan Wirjawan