Police embedded to help secure Freeport employees
Markus Makur and Angela Flassy
The Jakarta Post
The authorities have increased security measures at mining firm PT Freeport Indonesia by slipping a police officer into each of the buses transporting company employees between work and home.The measures, which are supported by 1,700 army and police personnel, have been adopted in
the wake of repeated shooting incidents along the road from Timika to Tembagapura.Sporadic shootings by unidentifi...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens