By the way : Ode to melancholy and our melancholic President
| Sun, January 31 2010 | 02:32 pm
PREMIUMSadness or melancholia is not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, many great artists and writers thrived on melancholia. Jackson Pollock, Franz Kafka, William Faulkner, F. Scott Fitzgerald all produced some of their greatest works when they had to deal with terrible sadness. In his controversial book Against Happiness: In Defense of Melancholia writer Eric G. Wilson argues that down is the...
- Convicted drug smuggler Corby returns to Australia from Bali
- Three dead as truck rams into motorcyclists in Medan
- Man nabbed for spreading fake chat impersonating top cops
- Police arrest another man with suspected links to E. Jakarta bombings
- Girl locked up for days by new Facebook friend in West Jakarta
- Extraordinary measures needed to root out terrorists: BIN chief
- Investigation of helicopter procurement graft might target higher officials
- North Jakarta sees 45 fires in four months
- Ericsson, ITB collaborate for Internet of Things research
- Jakarta train stations to provide passengers with 'takjil'