Said, Sahal elected to lead NU
Muhammad Nafik, Bagus BT Saragih and Andi Hajramurni
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Said Agil Siradj won the race to lead Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) on Saturday, but not without strong resistance from Golkar politician Slamet Effendy Yusuf. Family ties were clearly not an important factor in the race to lead the country’s largest Muslim organization as evidenced by the defeat of Solahudin “Gus Solah” Wahid, a grandson of NU founder Hasyim Asy’ari. Said was voted in as NU execut...
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Double diamond on Mount Fuji
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- New York Times' Weinstein investigation to be developed as film
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security