Bali rejects new power plant project
Ni Komang Erviani
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The Bali administration said it opposed the development of a power plant it says damages the environment, including the Bali Crossing project that connects the resort island to Java. "We have adopted a *clean and green Bali' policy. We oppose the use of steam-powered generators because of the resulting pollution," Governor Made Mangku Pastika said Saturday. . "We should promote the u...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Five dead in India from Nipah virus, dozens quarantined