Bailout fails to hurt Dems' image: Survey
Adianto P. Simamora
THE JAKARTA POST
Political parties opposing the Rp 6.76 trillion (US$ 716 million) Bank Century bailout have failed to gain support from the public as trust in legislators' performance remains low, a report on recent surveys shows. A survey carried out by the Indonesian Survey Institute (LSI) found that President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's Democratic Party was the only party whose popularity had improved afte...
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- French stocks soar to near-decade highs as Macron tops poll
- State lender BNI to open branch office in Melbourne