Idul Fitri starts Friday
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM This year’s Idul Fitri falls on Friday and Saturday, the government announced late Wednesday after consulting the main Muslim organizations. With the country’s two largest Muslim organizations, Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) and Muhammadiyah, concluding that Idul Fitri falls on Sept. 10 and 11, or the same dates stated in the national calendar, most Muslims across the country will celebrate the much-ant...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Woman in Banyumas killed by king cobra
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?