Rescue teams face stench of death, too few boats
Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
Helping hand: Rescuers give water to a survivor on tsunami-ravaged Pagai Island in Mentawai, West Sumatra, on Thursday. AP Rescuers scouring islands devastated by a tsunami in the Mentawai Islands, West Sumatra, found more bodies Thursday, raising the death toll from the quake-triggered disaster to 343.
This is still rising with hundreds missing as locals reported the waves in a numb...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Plagiarism: What can we learn from Afi's case
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats