Rescue teams face stench of death, too few boats
Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
Helping hand: Rescuers give water to a survivor on tsunami-ravaged Pagai Island in Mentawai, West Sumatra, on Thursday. AP Rescuers scouring islands devastated by a tsunami in the Mentawai Islands, West Sumatra, found more bodies Thursday, raising the death toll from the quake-triggered disaster to 343.
This is still rising with hundreds missing as locals reported the waves in a numb...
- Schools facing closure after allowing students to take part in 'gladiator fight': Komnas Anak
- Muslims celebrate Islamic New Year to promote tolerance
- Trump's threat akin to `sound of a dog barking': North Korea
- Indonesia’s U-16 inch closer to AFC berth after beating Thailand 1-0
- Auditor arrested for Harley Davidson gift
- Police arrest two suspects allegedly involved in high school “gladiator” fight
- Hot new talent to light up Milan Fashion Week
- Indonesian FM Retno Marsudi receives UN Agent of Change award
- SOEs urged to accelerate development of Kuala Tanjung industrial park
- Militants planned to target Malaysian beer fest: police