Rescue teams face stench of death, too few boats
Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
Helping hand: Rescuers give water to a survivor on tsunami-ravaged Pagai Island in Mentawai, West Sumatra, on Thursday. AP Rescuers scouring islands devastated by a tsunami in the Mentawai Islands, West Sumatra, found more bodies Thursday, raising the death toll from the quake-triggered disaster to 343.
This is still rising with hundreds missing as locals reported the waves in a numb...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Civilian appointed as temporary N. Sumatra governor