From cold war bulwark to equal partner?
Mustaqim Adamrah and Abdul Khalik
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia and the US are expected to revitalize their “up-and-down” relationship after President Barack Obama finally lands in Jakarta for a 2-day visit to the archipelago.
Obama’s visit is expected to bring bilateral relations to a new level as the world’s largest economy looks for partners to counter the rise of China, now the world’s second largest economy.
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels