From cold war bulwark to equal partner?
Mustaqim Adamrah and Abdul Khalik
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia and the US are expected to revitalize their “up-and-down” relationship after President Barack Obama finally lands in Jakarta for a 2-day visit to the archipelago.
Obama’s visit is expected to bring bilateral relations to a new level as the world’s largest economy looks for partners to counter the rise of China, now the world’s second largest economy.
- Bali welcomes Barack Obama and family
- It’s official, Idul Fitri is tomorrow
- Malaysian PM to vacation in Bali after Obama
- Minister, MUI call for peaceful Idul Fitri sermons
- No merry Idul Fitri celebration for Ahmadiyah followers in Depok
- Food prices spike in Jakarta a day before Idul Fitri
- Ahmadiyah mosque in Depok vandalized ahead of Idul Fitri
- Two escaped foreign inmates transported to Bali
- Jokowi to stay in Jakarta for Idul Fitri
- Surakarta terminal sees decline in bus passengers