Oil palms near Riau park demolished
The Jakarta Post
Fifty-three hectares of oil palm plantations have been demolished in Riau because they encroached on parts of Tesso Nilo National Park.
National park head Hayani Suprahman said there were 350 hectares of additional oil palm plantations in Bagan Limau, Pelalawan regency, Riau, that would also soon be demolished.
Bagan Limau was included in the operation as there were many newly arrive...
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Ten sailors missing after US destroyer collision off Singapore