Matahari opens third store in Batam
The Jakarta Post
BATAM, Riau Islands: Retailer PT Matahari opened its third department store in Batam after an investment of Rp 20 billion (US$2.25 million). The store will employ 500 workers.
The store is the 94th operated by Matahari, whose outlets are scattered in 40 cities throughout Indonesia.
Matahari’s first store in Batam opened 10 years ago at Nagoya Hill, before being followed by the second store at Mega Mall Batam.
Company representative Miranti Hadisusilo told a press conference Friday that the opening of the third store at Kepri Mall showed the significant potential for retail businesses in Batam.
“Penetration in Batam has not been fully achieved, so our third store still has bright prospects,” Miranti said. — JP
- Protesters put pressure on Metro TV, Kompas TV over ‘biased reporting’
- Islamic religious texts must be read in context to understand blasphemy
- LIVE REPORT: Anti-Ahok rally
- 8 arrested on treason charges ahead of rally
- Hard for Ahok to bounce back: Expert
- N. Sumatra governor fires official after intimidation from angry anti-Ahok crowd
- Singer Ahmad Dhani, activists declared treason suspects
- Thousands of worshipers flock to Monas for anti-Ahok gathering
- Government urged to control flood of textile imports from China
- C.Java protesters demand Ahok’s immediate incarceration