Walhi rejects APEC infrastructure plans over green zone fears
Ni Komang Erviani
The Jakarta Post
Environmentalists have staged a protest against plans to construct major infrastructure ahead of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit to be held in Bali in 2013.
They argued that the projects would violate green zones defined by an approved spatial planning master plan for the island.
Affiliates of the Indonesian Environmental Forum (Walhi) Bali stage a protest at the ...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash