Walhi rejects APEC infrastructure plans over green zone fears
Ni Komang Erviani
The Jakarta Post
Environmentalists have staged a protest against plans to construct major infrastructure ahead of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit to be held in Bali in 2013.
They argued that the projects would violate green zones defined by an approved spatial planning master plan for the island.
Affiliates of the Indonesian Environmental Forum (Walhi) Bali stage a protest at the ...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017