Golkar politicians stand trial
The Jakarta Post
Five former lawmakers from the Golkar Party stood trial on Thursday for accepting bribes in a high-profile vote-buying case centering on the election of a senior Bank Indonesia official.
The politicians —Asep Ruchimat Sudjana, Teuku Muhammad Nurlif, Baharuddin Aritonang, Reza Kamarullah and Hengky Baramuli— allegedly accepted bribes paid in exchange for their votes for Miranda S. Goelto...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt
- Myanmar's ethnic Rakhine seek Muslim-free 'buffer zone'