WHO to mark first World Hepatitis Day
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The World Health Organization (WHO) will mark July 28, 2011, as the first World Hepatitis Day, conveying a warning that more than 5 million people in the Southeast Asia will be killed by viral hepatitis in the next 10 years.
The world day is aiming to raise awareness of the public health impact of the hepatitis diseases.
According to data from WHO, about 60 percent of infect...
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- Female baristas serve free coffee at Jakarta Kota Station