WHO to mark first World Hepatitis Day
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The World Health Organization (WHO) will mark July 28, 2011, as the first World Hepatitis Day, conveying a warning that more than 5 million people in the Southeast Asia will be killed by viral hepatitis in the next 10 years.
The world day is aiming to raise awareness of the public health impact of the hepatitis diseases.
According to data from WHO, about 60 percent of infect...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Thai jungle seen as breeding ground for Indochinese tigers
- West Kalimantan authorities uncover new drug smuggling technique
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- Parking attendants, city officers arrested for allegedly collecting illegal levies