WHO to mark first World Hepatitis Day
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The World Health Organization (WHO) will mark July 28, 2011, as the first World Hepatitis Day, conveying a warning that more than 5 million people in the Southeast Asia will be killed by viral hepatitis in the next 10 years.
The world day is aiming to raise awareness of the public health impact of the hepatitis diseases.
According to data from WHO, about 60 percent of infect...
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Riau ups wildfire alert status
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste
- Catholic leader forgives attacker of Yogyakarta church