Commemorating the Battle of Surabaya and modern heroes too
Sixty-six years ago, British forces landed in Surabaya as part of the Allies acceptance of Japan’s surrender and to recover prisoners of war. However, included within this British force was a Dutch military contingent with a covert mission to regain colonial rule over Indonesia. The Battle of Surabaya followed and is one of the most important in Indonesian history.
The renowned Bung Tomo...
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- Online shops offer ‘Black Panther’-inspired ‘baju koko’