Commemorating the Battle of Surabaya and modern heroes too
Sixty-six years ago, British forces landed in Surabaya as part of the Allies acceptance of Japan’s surrender and to recover prisoners of war. However, included within this British force was a Dutch military contingent with a covert mission to regain colonial rule over Indonesia. The Battle of Surabaya followed and is one of the most important in Indonesian history.
The renowned Bung Tomo...
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas