Commemorating the Battle of Surabaya and modern heroes too
Sixty-six years ago, British forces landed in Surabaya as part of the Allies acceptance of Japan’s surrender and to recover prisoners of war. However, included within this British force was a Dutch military contingent with a covert mission to regain colonial rule over Indonesia. The Battle of Surabaya followed and is one of the most important in Indonesian history.
The renowned Bung Tomo...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport