Victor de Sousa Pereira: Timor Leste’s first indigenous filmmaker
A young country, Timor Leste released its first indigenous film, Uma Lulik (Sacred House), at the Brisbane International Film Festival in early November. The director is Victor de Sousa Pereira, a 29-year-old artist and filmmaker.
Victor de Sousa Pereira: JP/Cynthia WebbHe lives in the village of Fatulia in Venilale district — in the highlands of Timor Leste — with his wife and 7-yea...
- Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Police declare tougher approach against foreign drug smugglers
- Hizbut Tahrir may file lawsuit against disbandment: Police
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers