Victor de Sousa Pereira: Timor Leste’s first indigenous filmmaker
A young country, Timor Leste released its first indigenous film, Uma Lulik (Sacred House), at the Brisbane International Film Festival in early November. The director is Victor de Sousa Pereira, a 29-year-old artist and filmmaker.
Victor de Sousa Pereira: JP/Cynthia WebbHe lives in the village of Fatulia in Venilale district — in the highlands of Timor Leste — with his wife and 7-yea...
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- The charm of Disney on Ice
- Natalie Portman backs out of Jewish prize over 'recent events' in Israel