Avianti Armand: An architect with words
The Jakarta Post
JP/P.J. Leo“Women are almost obscured in the annals of history,” poetess Avianti Armand, who is also an accomplished architect, said.
This was evident, she pointed out, because the names of female history makers have been often left unmentioned — or “repressed” as she described it — within historical documents, including the Old Testament of the Bible. “In the Bible, women ar...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama