Letter: Orangutans, RIP
The Jakarta Post
I appeal to my fellow Indonesian citizens to help us save orangutans from Malaysian palm oil companies.
Recently, just one Malaysian palm oil company in East Kalimantan exterminated several dozen orangutans, a species legally protected under our own laws, and the company knew about it. Elsewhere in Central Kalimantan, another Malaysian palm oil company is trying to destroy a pristine rainfo...
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey