Letter: Orangutans, RIP
The Jakarta Post
I appeal to my fellow Indonesian citizens to help us save orangutans from Malaysian palm oil companies.
Recently, just one Malaysian palm oil company in East Kalimantan exterminated several dozen orangutans, a species legally protected under our own laws, and the company knew about it. Elsewhere in Central Kalimantan, another Malaysian palm oil company is trying to destroy a pristine rainfo...
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- Myanmarese fugitive arrested for trafficking
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Indonesian research productivity lacking: LIPI