Letter: Orangutans, RIP
The Jakarta Post
I appeal to my fellow Indonesian citizens to help us save orangutans from Malaysian palm oil companies.
Recently, just one Malaysian palm oil company in East Kalimantan exterminated several dozen orangutans, a species legally protected under our own laws, and the company knew about it. Elsewhere in Central Kalimantan, another Malaysian palm oil company is trying to destroy a pristine rainfo...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road
- More than 50 companies express interest in Bontang oil refinery construction