Jakarta Post

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post
press enter to search

The Jakarta Post
Video Weather icon 30°C
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
30°C Partly Cloudy

Dry and mostly cloudy throughout the day.

  • Wed

    26℃ - 32℃

  • Thu

    25℃ - 32℃

  • Fri

    25℃ - 31℃

  • Sat

    26℃ - 30℃

BII changes name into Maybank Indonesia

  • The Jakarta Post

| Tue, January 17 2012 | 12:00 pm

JAKARTA: Shareholders of publicly listed PT Bank Internasional Indonesia (BII) agreed on Monday to change the company name to PT Bank Maybank Indonesia.

The bank also named Maybank group chief financial officer Khairussaleh Ramli as president director, replacing Rahardja Alimhamzah. The company also positioned Ani Pangestu as human capital director.

Rahardja, who became president director in July 2011 after the resignation of Ridha Wirakusumah, will have a new role as Maybank Indonesia head for global wholesale banking.

He said that under the new brand of Maybank Indonesia, the company would be more competitive in the global market.

“BII is already known in the local market. BII has become part of Maybank, which is one of the biggest financial institutions in Southeast Asia and operates in 17 countries. Maybank wants to bring BII to a higher level. People will look differently at the value in BII under the new name,” Rahardja said.

Despite the branding changes, Maybank Indonesia will maintain the BII business portfolio.

“We just need to communicate with our customers, who are already informed, as they have seen the Maybank logo under the BII name since three years ago. Our business won’t change; the people are the same. Our business will rely on three sectors; corporate and commercial banking, consumer banking and small medium enterprises banking,” Rahardja said.

The Malayan Banking Bhd. (Maybank) purchased 55.6 percent stakes in BII in 2008. The acquisition led Maybank to own 97.29 percent shares in BII, leaving only 2.71 percent to the public.

TRY A DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION

Join the discussions