Remembering an overlooked auteur
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Lighting up the stage: Theater Bejana performed Kwee Tek Hoay’s Zonder Lentera (Without Light) in Jakarta on Feb. 10, 2011. Antara/Fanny OctavianusThe deep pounding of a large drum and the tinkling of delicate brass instruments signaled the beginning of a recent performance at Toa Se Bio Temple in Jakarta’s Chinatown.Actors who had been mingling in the audience headed for a makeshift stage, a...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Susi reminds Central Java fishermen to stop using 'cantrang'
- Central bank sets ceiling fee via newly issued e-money card regulation
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- KPK to reveal details Friday on 'latest BPK auditor arrest'
- Minister slams F&B firms for objecting to sugar auction plan
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- Ancol to go cashless