FPI sympathizer charged with sudden attack
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police said on Wednesday that they had detained four men involved in Tuesday afternoon’s protest at the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle, where protesters demanded the disbandment of the hard-line Islam Defenders Front (FPI).
“Only one of them, 48-year-old J, has been named a suspect in the case,” police spokesman Sr. Comr. Rikwanto told reporters.
The police said th...
- Trash inundates space underneath toll road in North Jakarta
- Government raises demands to Facebook Indonesia
- How healthy is too healthy? EU warns about green tea supplements
- Iran, Iraq, Syria, Russia hold 'anti-terrorism' meet
- Will Facebook Indonesia face criminal charges for data breach?
- Jakarta MRT to have women operators, maintenance officers
- Banjarnegara earthquake displaces more than 2,000
- Two entertainment venues shut down over drugs
- Britain to ban sale of plastic straws in bid to fight waste
- Smartphone app promises speech therapy at your fingertips