FPI sympathizer charged with sudden attack
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police said on Wednesday that they had detained four men involved in Tuesday afternoon’s protest at the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle, where protesters demanded the disbandment of the hard-line Islam Defenders Front (FPI).
“Only one of them, 48-year-old J, has been named a suspect in the case,” police spokesman Sr. Comr. Rikwanto told reporters.
The police said th...
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Authorities finalize legal revisions to relax margin trading
- Nude rider arrested upon entering airport complex in West Kalimantan
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts