FPI sympathizer charged with sudden attack
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police said on Wednesday that they had detained four men involved in Tuesday afternoon’s protest at the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle, where protesters demanded the disbandment of the hard-line Islam Defenders Front (FPI).
“Only one of them, 48-year-old J, has been named a suspect in the case,” police spokesman Sr. Comr. Rikwanto told reporters.
The police said th...
- Ahok-Djarot campaign team objects to leave requirement
- Traffic to be rerouted during Saudi king’s visit
- House prepares deluxe welcome for King Salman’s 30 minute visit
- King Salman arrives in Jakarta
- Mimika regent wants Freeport to construct smelter in regency
- 150 chefs readied for Saudi King's visit in Indonesia
- Jokowi warns businesspeople to join tax amnesty or face law enforcement
- Deradicalization efforts failing: Police
- Indonesia, Saudi Arabia aim to strengthen bilateral ties
- Acehnese drug dealer shot dead