FPI sympathizer charged with sudden attack
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police said on Wednesday that they had detained four men involved in Tuesday afternoon’s protest at the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle, where protesters demanded the disbandment of the hard-line Islam Defenders Front (FPI).
“Only one of them, 48-year-old J, has been named a suspect in the case,” police spokesman Sr. Comr. Rikwanto told reporters.
The police said th...
- Muslims celebrate Islamic New Year to promote tolerance
- Schools facing closure after allowing students to take part in 'gladiator fight': Komnas Anak
- Auditor arrested for Harley Davidson gift
- Trump's threat akin to `sound of a dog barking': North Korea
- Indonesia’s U-16 inch closer to AFC berth after beating Thailand 1-0
- Police arrest two suspects allegedly involved in high school “gladiator” fight
- iOS 11 Control Center Wi-Fi, Bluetooth shortcuts may be security risk, say experts
- Indonesian FM Retno Marsudi receives UN Agent of Change award
- SOEs urged to accelerate development of Kuala Tanjung industrial park
- US threatens new sanction on North Korea