AD Pirous: Islamic painting pioneer
At 80 years, Pirous, an artist considered a pioneer of Islamic painting in Indonesia, is as energetic and fit as ever before. Speaking at Selasar Sunaryo, Bandung, to hundreds of guests who had come for his 80th birthday celebration on March 11, he vividly recalled the moment of his epiphany.
It was at the Met (Metropolitan Museum of Art), he revealed. He was studying in America (1969-70) ...
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- Anies refuses to talk about programs until official election result
- French stocks soar to near-decade highs as Macron tops poll