Indonesia facing glut of new regions
Ridwan Max Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
The government and the House of Representatives are blaming each other for the proposed establishment of the North Kalimantan province, along with 18 new regencies and municipalities.
The House’s plenary session on Thursday agreed on draft bills for the creation of 19 new regions.
The Home Ministry said it was disappointed with the House’s decision to accept the proposals for th...
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- JKT48 manager found dead hanging in bathroom
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers